Our cycle tour packages allow guests to bike the trails at their own pace and to immerse themselves in the Central Otago region. Your dedicated hosts will help you to explore, among other things, a turn of the century engineering plant, schist tunnels, historic gold diggings and villages little touched by today’s hustle and bustle.
Evening excursions to historic townships and activities such as curling (bowls on ice!), wine tours, 4 wheel drive adventures and stargazing all add to the experience.
Standard - 4 days / 3 nights
Customised - 1, 3 and 5 days (min 6 riders)
From/To Queenstown, Cromwell or Clyde (or by arrangement from Dunedin)
From September - May (or by arrangement)
Transfer to the start of the Rail Trail
Front suspension mountain bikes & accessories
Accommodation in OFF THE RAILS Ranfurly properties
Continental breakfasts, morning and afternoon teas
Optional sight-seeing activities
Daily transfers to/from the Rail Trail
Evening transfers to/from iconic hotels and restaurants
Accommodation and transport hosts for tour duration
Accommodation bookings in Queenstown
Travel on to Dunedin via Taieri Gorge Scenic Railway
Customised itineraries for groups of six or more
4WD Safari, wine tours, curling in Naseby, farm tours fly fishing etc.
All adults of reasonable fitness - age is no barrier
Families - child half bikes available
Special interest groups e.g. honeymooners, business/corporate groups etc.
To make an enquiry to us, phone or email as listed above or our postal address is:
PO Box 23
Our professional team of experts will organise a memorable Rail Trail experience for you.
|Booking and Cancellation Policy
1. A deposit of NZ$ 250 per person is due to confirm your booking.
2. Balance of payment is due 60 days prior to tour departure date.
3. Deposits are non-refundable within 60 days of tour departure date.
4. Once your tour is commenced, there is no refund available for any portion due to any circumstances.
5. If you advise cancellation prior to tour departure date, the following refunds will apply:
• More than 60 days - full refund
• 14-60 days - 70% refund, less deposit
• Within 14 days, no refund will apply
We strongly recommend clients arrange travel insurance, particularly to guard against loss of fares paid caused by any eventuality necessitating cancellation of a trip. A travel agent has full details.
1. All itinerary details and prices are subject to change at any time without notice.
2. The operators reserve the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should any situation demand.
3. Off The Rails finalise all tour arrangements upon the express condition that they will not be liable for injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of weather or any defect in vehicle or through the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers, or in carrying out the arrangements of the tours.